Sunday, November 2, 2014

Adventures With Elaine #10


Cathedral Rock, Sedona, AZ
Hi Family and Friends,

Although I am back in the Southwest and loving it, I have realized that Autumn, pretty much anywhere, is a great time of the year. After a couple weeks in Santa Fe, I was joined by Allyson, my youngest daughter, for a marketing tour of New Mexico and Arizona selling her newly published, The Wisdom of Soul Trees Oracle Deck.


We visited stores in Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque before moving on to Flagstaff, Sedona and Phoenix. Allyson, enjoyed good fortune as her deck was purchased by several stores for display and sale; and, also by several individuals. The trip offered us some wonderful one-on-one time thanks to Ally's husband, Malcolm, and his mom, Seiko, who helped watch their two little villains! It was really a trip of inner and outer discovery. One does not have to do much in the southwest to consciously journey ... its mystery and magic inspires and as it does, we begin to want to find those places within ourselves.



During these last few weeks, I have begun writing my second book.  It will start off with me riding with my son-in-law, Virgil, on his Harley from Pagosa Springs, CO to Farmington, NM. It was a 101 mile ride which stunned me into realizing just because I was turning 70, I didn't have to look for a rocking chair!! Well, that ride ultimately led to my trip to South Africa early in 2014 and a lot of discoveries and adventures in between, which I will share in the book.


My road trip here in the U.S. which I started in May, 2014 has contributed to continued unpredictable insights and adventures. It has been such a remarkable experience I wish everyone could take a few months or years and just follow your heart's desire. It is so intoxicating to meet yourself unfettered by the noise of schedules, work, mental clutter, superfluous expectations, etc. It is so incredible, that I am now beginning to wonder if we have gotten caught up in a maze of unreal moments and we can't distinguish them because we have no reference point. That is what I have given myself since May ... a reference point; a point of comparison and contrast; a context for my life I don't believe I knew with such clarity before.

Well, I head for Dallas tomorrow for a VISTA training and then fly to Michigan for an early Thanksgiving with all my daughters present. This has not happened in years so I am excited. In the meantime, Halloween was filled with sweet moments with my grandson, Andrew, Kai the Jedi,
who carved a pretty neat pumpkin.

As we head into the Holiday Season, my wish for all of us is many mindful moments sharing kindnesses and gentleness with each other.

With Gratitude,
Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment